Today we get to know our amazing ATS, Gaby Haubenstricker. Gaby has been with us since the beginning of the ATS program at MCPS and I don’t know what we’d do without her. She is amazing at treating and caring for all of our student athletes, its like have a orthopedic with us at all times. GAby also is a huge part of the community and teams as she cares so much for each student athlete and coach. We are so luck to have her! So now, get to know Gaby!
As a military brat, I was all over the states, however I was born in Fort Lewis, Washington and lived there for 7 years before we started moving every three years. Before we moved to Maryland, we lived in Alaska. I graduated from Old Mill High School where I played volleyball, softball, and indoor track (and I bowled on the weekends).
I went to undergrad at Towson University where I obtained my BS in Athletic Training and later completed an MBA through UMUC. I started working as a Certified Athletic Trainer at Churchill fresh out of college and have been here ever since!
I am passionate about health and wellness. As such, I recently got my Certified Personal Trainer certification and am working on my CSCS (strength and conditioning) certification. I love to still play volleyball, coed softball, and I love to create things.
- What motivates you to work hard? Military brat mentality! I don’t know anything less than giving my all in everything!
2. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child? I really wanted to be a choreographer when I was little but as I got older, I wanted to be a sports medicine doctor.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory? My favorite childhood memory is sneaking out of the house to sing in the neighborhood karaoke contest at a pool party, winning, and then getting grounded – my punishment being that I couldn’t use the money I won for a month. My mom caved and I ended up getting a pink Barbie Corvette later that week!
4. What is the last book you read that you absolutely couldn’t put down? I read a lot, like A LOT, like a book a day a lot. But I will say, I really enjoyed ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama.
5. What’s your all-time favorite movie? I’m not a huge movie buff, but I always enjoy watching Save the Last Dance.
6. Who is your favorite band? I don’t have a favorite, but any 90s to early 00s Hip Hop will always be my go-to!
7. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving – because food, duh!
8. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Spaghetti with a ton of parmesan grated on top.
9. Which famous person would you like to be best friends with? Serena Williams – growing up I always felt insecure about being a bit more muscular than other girls, and Serena shows you to embrace your strength and wear it well!
10. If you could have a superpower what would it be? Teleportation – not only am I over driving AND traffic, but I really would like to see so much more of the world.