A mandatory meeting for all girls wishing to try out for Varsity or Junior Varsity Girls’ Softball will be held on Tuesday, February 12 after school in Room 218. We will go over MCPS Positive Culture PowerPoint, athletics registration process, try out details, and distribute player/parent handbooks. Contact Coach Sonnabend (email@example.com) if you cannot attend!
Tryouts will be held on Friday, March 1 & Saturday, March 2. Please dress approriately; there’s no telling what the weather will be like in early March! [The times below assume appropriate weather for tryouts to be held on the softball field. In case of inclement weather, information will be updated as soon as possible.]
- Friday 3/1
- 12:30 – pitchers/catchers report
- 1:00 – position players report
- Saturday 3/2
- 9:00 – pitchers/catchers report
- 10:00 – position players report
What to bring with you:
- softball glove(s)
- batting gloves (optional)
- batting helmet*
- water bottle
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE!
* – We will have bats and helmets for players who do not bring their own with them.